24 February, 2016

Just a Dish


 This is my mixing bowl. I bought it at a thrift store nearly 10 years ago because I was convinced learning how to make 4 loaves of sourdough bread at a time was a skill I needed to have & none of my bowls were big enough or had a lid. Funnily enough this is now the only mixing bowl I do have that fits my family. It holds 1 batch of waffle/ pancake mix/ 2 pizza crusts.


I assume it was at the thrift store because it had the crack in it when I got it. Mike has mentioned replacing it several times over the years due to the crack. Last week I realized I'd been thinking about replacing this cracked bowl for almost 10 years now. The crack hasn't grown. It's not gotten worse. I thought there must be some sort of deep theological analogy to be drawn from this...but other than Sterilite making a good plastic product I couldn't find one.


As a bonus, it holds my fork when I need to stir & not have it fall into the batter. I wish I had more of these humble faithful vessels. If I could I'd give them golden shelves & make them masters over lesser cookware. Ha, guess what I found!

3 comments:

Virgilsgirl said...

Neat! I think you could draw the analogy that God can use us if we will be faithful humble vessels, even tho we are so often broken.

Parrhesia said...

Absolutely there's deeper meaning!

1 Corinthians 12

For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

14 For the body is not one member, but many.

15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?

18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?

20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.

21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:

23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.

1 Corinthians 1

For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Page said...

lovely blog and i look forward to coming back here more often
blessings
Page