18 September, 2015

Lunching on the Golden Calf

This was a fun activity of Miranda's & I thought I would post it.

Her lesson today included the Israelites worshipping the golden calf while Moses was on Mt. Sinai. Her activity included making peanut butter play dough & it was a hit!

 Mix 9 oz. creamy peanut butter w/ 3 oz. of honey. I used tablespoons instead. Add in dried milk until it's a handling consistency. That's it! I sprayed a sheet pan & we made a calf-ish creature. It made enough so that we had enough extra to make an alter to mount it on.

Since it was Miranda's lesson I let her decide what part to eat first & unsurprisingly she chose the head & horns. Victor wanted the body as it was biggest, Charlotte wanted the alter, leaving the legs & tail to Leora. It was perfectly proportioned for each of them & not too sticky.

It probably would be too much peanut butter for just one child. If that were the case I would sprinkle it w/ cocoa powder & keep it in the fridge to tear off as needed. That might have been really good too! On apple slices & fresh bread & butter in the beautiful Sept. sunshine, it just makes for a happy day.

No comments: