04 June, 2009

Current Adventures

I'm so excited & humbled, God has enabled us to obey Him regarding being separate. Cid is in the process of medically retiring from the military, & he is wasting no time getting us out of here though it may be months for him to be officially out. We've been looking at campers to live in, a truck to tow us & are liquidating our assets, so as to pay for everything in cash. The land search is never ending. So far we've been using United Country & looking into western Va.
The Jeep sold today & that makes everything seem more real. I've been thinning things out for camper life, as we may be in there for a year & Cid has 3 people interested in the house. My poor husband, I have all of the excitement of daydreaming & doing my own little plans, but he has all of the big decisions to finalize & it's a stress to him. I'm so thankful for being w/ a command man & am glad to do anything to alleviate his burden a bit. He is most appreciative when I occupy the children more in the evenings, which isn't easy w/ supper prep & cleanup, so I've been using cheater foods. Things in baking bags, crockpots & the freezer aisle, none of which he minds, our fare just isn't as varied.
I broke in my cast iron dutch oven over the weekend. Our camping trip was cancelled & I had planned all outdoor foods, so we had a fire in the fire pit going until the rain chased us in.I did it backwards though, cooked in it first & then seasoned it. It's much prettier after seasoning, a deep glossy black. I tried looking it up on the internet, but got sidetracked so I had an "Aha!" moment when I looked at my bookcase. I have alot of books, & my eyes fell on Carla Emory's Encyclopedia for Country Living. I love the internet & all of it's usefulness, but even though we now have a laptop I don't like to carry it w/ me away while doing a project. I have no qualms w/ books. I got sidetracked reading Carla but was glad I had looked as I had initially just rubbed the inside of the oven w/ olive oil (bad idea!).
Cid has arranged for us to live on a buddy's 14 acres in Gloucester until the medboard is completed if the house sells soon. He has a whole separate septic & will only charge us water & electricity while we're there. He also is a goat/ chicken farmer when he's not deployed. This will give Victor & I some experience & chores to do. We plan on camping in some state parks in the areas we want to check out the listings we're interested in. Charlotte is awake, must go!

No comments: