10 May, 2010

Random Bits

What a fun week we've had! I got most of the windows clean. I've still got 2 bedrooms & the inside of our bathroom to do. My windows are high too, taller than our 12' ladder on the outside, so that was an almost daring adventure. I like cleaning windows because it's a good excuse to buy the Iwanna's. Everything under the sun in the area for sale. In Newport News it was called The Trading Post.

Before I figured out how to get the inside top panes off I was breaking my arm turning sideways to get the inside between the panes(double panes w/ the width of the sill between)swearing I would get a squeegee by the time fall came around. Then they just came off & I could clean it comfortably in 3 min. as opposed to an agonizing 10.

And it's like crystal! I fully expect some birds to meet their ends w/ my clean windows. I had one do that on the sliding deck door at our old house. BAM! Flew into the door & snapped its neck. I think it's wrong to feel pride that a creature met its demise due to my sparkling clean windows, but I did. It was also a good opportunity to let Victor see death first hand in a non-scary way. Anyways I generally hate cleaning windows & expect to relegate them to the normal 6 month interval.

I attended a baby shower on Sat., but instead of playing all those stupid cutesy games we went around the room & everyone prayed for something specific for the baby. It was nice & very sensical, I really enjoyed it.

Victor got a wicked rugburn on Wed. I was so thankful it was nothing worse. He was racing his smallest Tonka truck around at full speed & one end ramped up on my sewing machine pedal & he somehow flipped over it & scraped his face hard along the carpet from forehead to nostril. His rugburn wasn't showing up so bad at first & he was bleeding from the inside of his nose; I was sure he had broken it. He's really been basking in all of the attention it has garnered him.





,

It's not as bad on the computer as it looks in real life. We've got a salve w/ an olive oil, beeswax base, wheat germ & something else. It works great on burns & diabetic bedsores though I've never tested it on the latter. Herbal Mender it's called.

We had a family over for lunch today after church, it was fun. We had no tv to distract us & spent some time getting to know one another a bit more. Their son is a month older than Charlotte. Victor was such a good host sharing his toys & showing him things & I was very pleased because the boy was younger. He's not been such a good host when his guests are older & thinks it's ok to just randomly jump on them, attack them & try to start fights just to play. There was no quiet time today but still they did really good.

My niece has been staying w/ us this weekend, she's been really great playing w/ the children & teaching them fun outside bat & ball type games. She's 17 & we've been having lots of girl talk. I in no way, shape or form miss being 17. But it's fun being reminded & it doesn't seem so long ago.

No comments: