02 February, 2010

My Out There Home Song


Living in an RV for a couple of months w/ no tv, limited internet & only 1 radio station, we got to know that station pretty well. Now I love public radio & used to support our station in Hampton Roads (90.3, nothing but classical) but the station up here is a bit more eclectic. 88.9, it's pretty crazy, there's a show called Frank on Friday, which is nothing but Frank Zappa for 3 hours, Dead Air which is 3 or 4 hours of you guessed it, The Grateful Dead & something that just defies description late Sun. nights, Dubatomic Particles. For all of the weirdness it mainly is a bluegerass staion. Sunday is my favorite, everyday we wake up to Mountain Music & go to the Bluegrass Gospel Hour, have 3 hours of Celtic Winds in the afternoon & then This Old Porch, songs from the 20's & 30's.
As we were living in our little box, this song came out from Edward Sharp & the Magnetic Zero's. I've been whistling it for nigh on 6 months now. The children find it very danceable (not in the RV)& Mike is starting to tease me about the longest running song in my head ever. Anyway, in our brief time as an RV family, the song just really fit. I can't figure out how to post it by itself, it's #3 on my playlist. Enjoy, or not. We like it. :)

No comments: